Notice of Vacancy
Date Open: September 21, 2017
Date Closed: Until Filled
Salary: According to salary schedule
Contact person: Sandra Johnson (606-436-3911)
The Hazard Independent Schools Superintendent’s office is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Transportation Director/Bus Driver Trainer
Minimum requirements: Qualifications as established by the Hazard Independent Schools Board of Education.
Minimum requirements: High School Diploma/GED and Associates Degree and/or minimum five years school transportation experience, and Kentucky Driver Trainer Certification. Work may substitute on a year to year basis for required college.
The Hazard Independent Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sex, or handicap in employment, educational programs, or activities as set forth in Title IX, VI & in Section 504.
- High school diploma, G.E.D. certificate or satisfactory progress toward a G.E.D.
- Has completed two years at an institute of higher education; obtained an associates degree or higher; or successfully passed the Kentucky Paraeducator Assessment Test.
- Has sucessfully completed all training required by state law and local board policy.
- Must meet the requirements for a criminal records check as specified by Kentucky state law.
- Has met all state and physical examination and health requirements.
- Demonstrated aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities.
- Must demonstrate and/or develop skills to operate related office and educational equipment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with staff and students in an organized setting.
- Principal/Assigned Teacher